Δευτέρα 27 Μαρτίου 2017

41° 7' 9 Β - 25° 24' 19 E (part 2)

....Although someone could naively infer that I converge many a simile for your story, yavrum,  I know you would hate this simplistic way of  thinking as much you hate, say, a linear perception of history or life in general.
So, you say you don't remember me at all...Well, memory was never your strong point, sweetheart.
Or, to be accurate, objective memory, assuming there is such a thing. Because you really thrive in deleting whole parts and reconstructing others from scratch.
 Anyway, here I am, people still lining up their mosques and churches opposite one another, silently despising each other, yet having no choice but to live together in the same place. Pretty much like the average holy matrimony huh?
You do remember the invisible boundaries separating me in two parts, don't you? Even you had only crossed them, what, twice in 4 years? Some borders don't resemble anything like high walls or electrified wires, sweetheart and I constitute the paradigm of the case.
You people wouldn't be able to identify yourselves without borders and safe spaces-they're hardwired  to your bones. You protect, therefore you are. Don't give me that look, yavrum. Consider what you are doing with language: one for communicating, a foreign for expressing yourself. Safe space 101.
......................................................................................................................................................
So come back soon, for old times' sake, sweetheart. Treat yourself to some good old memories and  of course some delicious sutzuk lokum!
(but don't overindulge eh? Because I really dig your new skinny looks!)



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Shoot it!